Amanda Woodard is a queer writer and activist. In 2017, she received her BA in Social Science, with a focus in Psychology, and Journalism at the University of North Texas, and in June 2022, she earned her MFA in Creative Writing at Antioch University. Amanda has been awarded runner-up twice in the Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference’s Personal Essay Contest (in 2014 and 2020) and received a Best of the Net nomination from Prometheus Dreaming for her poem “Self Portrait.” Amanda lives in the Dallas Metroplex with her very anxious emotional support dog, Sirius, and her little cat, Young Bernie Sanders.
On top of all that, here’s some stuff about her that you probably didn’t know:
- She had temporary custody of my niece and nephew from June to December 2020.
- She has a 200-hour yoga teaching certification.
- She’s afraid of heights but loves to rock climb.
- She has been sober from drugs and alcohol since March 24, 2019.
- She’s a board game nerd. Her favorites are Mansions of Madness, Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, Code Names, Takenoko and Secret Hitler.
- She is not a fan of the Oxford comma.
- She met her biological father at age 22.
- She has seven half-siblings.
You can send her an email at email@example.com or follow her on social media at the links below.