I’ll cut to the chase here; this is why you should hire me: I have 10 years of writing experience, in both the professional and creative realms.
I’ve done in-house marketing and worked on the agency side, writing copy for print collateral, email campaigns, press releases, blogs, social posts, online ads — you name it. I’ve laid out content in platforms like Canva and InDesign. To track performance, I’ve used platforms like Google Analytics, SEMRush and Sprout Social. I’ve given presentations on my research findings to my team members, sales department, clients and C-Suite members, as well as given presentations at conferences.
I also used to write a personal blog back in 2010 (the topic for which is embarrassing, but worth telling if I can get you on the phone), so I also have 10 years of experience in WordPress.
Additionally, I have had some small success with being published: My most recent publications include selected poems from my incomplete poetry manuscript, Trailer Trash, in eris & eros, and a personal essay in Defenestration Magazine. Several of my op-eds and articles have been published in Lunch Ticket and Dallas Yoga Magazine. My personal essay, “If the Good Lord Lets Me In,” received Runner-Up at the Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference in 2014 and was published in the 2015 issue of Ten Spurs. I’m credited on the copyright page as the editor of Dog Love Cat by Eric Johnson, which is now available to purchase on Amazon.
Education is important to me. I consider myself a life-long student, and I spend my free time teaching kids how to read. I’m an MFA candidate at Antioch University, studying Creative Nonfiction. (It’s a low-residency program, so although the school is in Los Angeles, I get to “attend” the program virtually for the most part. I do visit the campus for 10 days twice a year though.) I’ve been a volunteer with Reading Partners, a literacy program in North Texas, for the past four years.
On top of all that, here’s some stuff about me that you probably didn’t know:
- I have temporary custody of my niece and nephew, so I have been thrust into new parenthood as of June 2020. It’s been a rewarding and wild experience so far.
- I have a 200-hour yoga teaching certification.
- I’m afraid of heights but love to rock climb. (RIP Climbing Membership until COVID lets up.)
- I have been sober from drugs and alcohol since March 24, 2019.
- I’m a board game nerd. My favorites are Mansions of Madness, Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, Code Names, Takenoko and Secret Hitler.
- I have seven half-siblings.
- I have a black dog named Sirius, who is the most loyal of the loyal things.
You can call me at (972) 341-4802, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on social media at the links below.